20/40 Charity Wine Tasting
Taste 20 premium wines of Spain and Portugal for $40 and raise money for Good Causes.
Money raised goes to The Compass Project.
The Compass Project mission is to use boatbuilding and rowing to provide positive direction to youth, encouraging the development of personal and community responsibility.
Presented by 5 of my favorite distributors: Crush, Davine, Devenish, Easterly and SOPO. These are 5 of the companies that are helping bring many of the special wines you are finding in Maine.
Freeport Cheese & Wine will donate 10% of any wines you purchase as a result of this tasting to The Compass Project.
Hosted by The Salt Exchange in Portland. Commercial Street. 3:00-6:00 PM (you don’t have to be there the entire time). Attendance is limited to 70 people to prevent it from being too crowded.
The Salt Exchange
Commercial Street, Portland.
Sunday, March 20th
The Wines (some of them)
- Broadbent Vinho Verde (Portugal)
- Casa Ferreirinha, Douro "Vinha Grande" 2002 (Portugal)
- Quinta do Crasto Douro 2007 (Portugal)
- Quinta do Crasto Douro Reserva Old Vines 2007 (Portugal)
- Morgadio Albariñio 2008 (Spain), 90 points, Stephen Tanzer, International Wine Cellar
- Pasanau ‘Ceps Nous’ Priorat 2007, 91points, Robert Parker, Wine Advocate
- El Vinculo La Mancha 2004 (Spain)
- Lorinon Reserva Rioja Alta 2004 (Spain)
- Bodegas Las Orcas Decenio Jove Rioja 2008 (Spain)
- Lo Brujo Macabeo 2009 (Spain)
- Lo Brujo Garnacha 2008 (Spain)
- Odysseus Tinto Priorat 2002 (Spain)
- Ameztoi Txakolina (Spain)
- Lovivalo Joven Toro 2007 (Spain)
- Hermanos Sastre "Roble" Ribera del Duero 2007
- Bodegas Ostatu Rioja 2006
- Ned may also have a couple of amazing Priorats at his table as “bonuses”
- I don’t have their wines on this list – they’ll be good!